We will maintain our current Covid regulations and reassess as the season progresses based on guidance from the state.
Somerset Hills Swim Club
COVID Pool Operation Prevention Plan (CPOPP)
- Hours of operation for the 2021 season will be 12:30 PM to 8:00 PM every day of the week, with some extended nights in July (9:00 PM)
- During daily operations, lifeguards will ask all bathers to remove themselves from the pool every 50 mins and perform sanitation of all commonly used hard services for 10 minutes. We ask for your cooperation while disinfecting is being performed (e.g. pool opens at 12:30, we will ask patrons to exit the pool for 10 mins at 1:20 PM. Patrons can then re-enter the pool once the guards are back on the stands at 1:30 PM). Snack Shack will also open for snacks and drinks during this time.
- Deep clean of the bathrooms will be performed multiple times a day.
- Bring your own chair policy — allows you to sit where you like! Some lounge chairs will be provided. Umbrellas will be made available for use and will be disinfected multiple times a day.
- Disinfecting stations are available throughout the pool area. These stations contain hand sanitizer, spray bottles, and paper towels. Members must return spray bottles and paper towels to the disinfecting stations after use. These can be used on common areas prior to use such as tables and umbrella handles.
- Sharing of furniture and equipment is prohibited, including but not limited to, umbrellas, picnic tables, and other equipment, except among immediate family members, caretakers, household members, or romantic partners. Clean and disinfect after each use pursuant to the procedures required herein.
- Patrons will be allowed to use their own water play equipment, including but not limited to goggles, snorkels, fins, kickboards, pool noodles and toys, however the pool facility shall:
- Prohibit the sharing of such equipment except among immediate family members, caretakers, household members, or romantic partners; and
- Not provide such equipment for rent or other use to patrons while at the pool facility.
- No lost and found. Any items left at the pool will be discarded every evening (please make sure you take home all goggles, towels, toys!)
- We are starting our season with a no guest policy. This is subject to change based on facility capacity and patron adherence to the COVID-19 Pool Operation Prevention Plan.
- All patrons are required to check in and check out of the pool via mobile phone. This can be done before you get out of your car and walk in the facility and again before you leave. This is extremely important to track facility capacity at any given time and perform contact tracing if needed. This will be strictly enforced throughout the season.
- Patrons will certify upon check in that they do not have a fever of 100.4°or above or other signs of COVID-19 illness.
- Patrons will certify they have not been exposed to the COVID-19 virus within the last 14 days.
- Face masks and foot coverings are required while using the bathrooms. No bare feet.
- Cloth face coverings should NOT be put on children under age two because of the danger of suffocation.
- Face coverings are NOT allowed in the water due to increased risk of drowning.
- Face coverings are required whenever 6ft separation can not be maintained, such as when purchasing items from the Snack Shack. No mask, no ice cream!
- The use of Venmo is highly recommended during transactions with the Snack Shack (@Somersethills-SwimClub).
- While the Snack Shack is available for snacks and drinks, it is encouraged to send 1 family member for all purchases.
- All patrons are encouraged to maintain 6 feet social distance while in the water, unless the individual needs assistance in order to swim, except immediate family members, caretakers, household members, or romantic partners.
- All patrons are encouraged to maintain 6 feet social distance on the pool deck, except immediate family members, caretakers, household members, or romantic partners.
- Entrance and exiting of the facility should be staggered. No congregation.
- Entrance and exiting of the pool itself should be staggered. There will be no congregation around the pool steps and ladders and no playing on the stairs themselves.
- Playground and gaga pit are closed for the season.
Social Media at SHSC!
Follow us on Instagram at: somersethillsswimclub
Follow us on Twitter at: Somerset Hills Swim Club
Follow us on Snapchat at: somersethillssc
Request us to follow you and we can all share the pictures and events!