All meets require a small army of parents to run successfully. Every family is committed to work at 3 meets.
The volunteer schedule can be found here.
Current concession sign-ups can be found here.
The jobs include:
- Officials : We always need new officials so that the same few people are not required to work at every meet. If you are currently a YMCA or USA certified official, you will not need additional training for the summer season. You will need to send a copy of your credentials to New Jersey Swim and Dive (instructions will be provided) and have a copy of your credentials available at any meet at which you are officiating. “Summer only” officials must be re-certified every year. If you are certified and available to officiate, please let us know so that we have a list of all available officials.
- Concessions : We will again be running a concession stand at all of our home swim meets. This is our biggest fund raising opportunity. We will need two concession coordinators for the season to coordinate the concession stand for every home meet. There will also be volunteer opportunities to staff the concession stand, and to grill burgers, breakfast sandwiches, etc.
- Timers : We typically need 5-6 timers per meet. If you are new to swimming, timing is not a difficult assignment, and you get a front row seat to all the action. Wins my vote as most fun job, but wear lots of sunscreen.
- Runner: Delivers results from timers to scoring table. No training required. Wear sneakers.
- Ribbons : Prepare ribbons for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place finishers, heat winners, and participation. No training required.
- Scorer: Records the official time on the scoring sheet and keeps a running total of the score. If you are interested, we will let you shadow an experienced scorer until you feel comfortable.
- 50/50: Sells 50/50 raffle tickets during home meets
- Averager : Home meets only. Checks that across the board finishes agree. Averages two times. Circles official time, puts cards in order, and hands off to Scorer. If you are interested, we will let you shadow an experienced averager until you feel comfortable.
- *NEW* Parking Lot Director: Ensures paved lot and grassy parking area are optimized to fit the greatest number of cars at home meets.
- *NEW* Best Times Advocate: Responsible for reviewing team times at the scoring table and identifying top times or new team records during home meets. This will allow us to commend achievements during our home meets over the loud speaker.