Sunday, July 2, 2017 @ 8:00 AM
This year we are partnering with Anna DeLauro to host our 2nd Aquathon at Somerset Hills Swim Club. The money raised will benefit two organizations:
- The Shoe that Grows
- Somerset Hills Swim Club Dolphin’s Swim Team
What can you do support us?
- Have your swimmer(s) participate in the event by asking friends, neighbors, and relatives for support
- Return your completed sponsor form by June 25, 2017
- Can’t participate? Make a cash donation
Where do I find the forms to sign up?
- Registration, sponsor forms, FAQs, and Anna’s letter about the shoes can be found here.
Side note from Stacy Newsome:
Anna approached Aimee and I about hosting the Aquathon earlier this year. During a recent meeting with her we asked her why she was doing this (I was thinking college? school credit? girls scouts?….what was driving her?) Her response — “because it was a good cause and I wanted to help.” WOW, okay….I have to say I wasn’t expecting that. This girl is all heart and has a lot of love for our wonderful swim club, Somerset Hills.
She has since prepared all the documentation and came up with the line of events (new this year vertical kicking contest). I encourage everyone to read her letter attached above.